How do I set up crypto-currency investment in Class?
There are two options to set up a crypto-currency investment in Class:
- The units can be reflected more accurately
- Class will calculate the Capital Gain
- One custom code for all funds
- Update the price once a year for all funds
Refer to our User Guide page Investment Account Menu Options for instruction on how to manually add prices.
Set up the crypto-currency via an Investment Account
Navigate to Fund Level > Investments > Investment Account
- Create the Investment Account
- Set up a new security issue code for each crypto-currency.
Set up the crypto-currency via a Custom Holding Account
Navigate to the Fund Level > Investments > Custom Holding Account
Create the Custom Holding Account
Refer to Custom Holding Account in our User Guide for how to record acquisitions, disposals and income for crypto-currency.