This article will provide you guidance on how to successfully transition your funds onto Class from Xplan (Portfolio)
We will run through the steps;
Provide Data Files
Navigate to Xplan > Client Account > Portfolio > Reports > Select Reports
To load your portfolios we will require the following reports from Xplan in excel format.
- Unrealised CGT report as at the 30 June date you would like to load the portfolio.
- Portfolio Valuation report as at the 30 June date you would like to load the portfolio.
- Please also provide the portfolio name, code, start date and contact address. Indicate if it’s a trust, company or individual portfolio.
- For Wrap and Broker accounts, please provide either a Broker or Wrap statement that shows all of the assets held in the broker or Wrap account.
- For bank account details, please provide either the bank statement with the BSB and Account Number clearly readable, or alternatively provide a list of BSB's, account numbers, and fund codes that the bank accounts belong to. If you have multiple bank accounts in a fund, you should also include a means for the team to tell which account belongs to which BSB/Account Number
- Prepare a folder for each of the entities you wish to transition
- Place a copy of the reports above in to the corresponding folder for each entity
- Once all files have been added to each of your folders, move folders into a BATCH Folder for Zipping
- Zip your Batch Folder
Optional: If you would like to keep track of financials (including beneficiary detail for trusts) as well as the investment portfolio:
- Trial Balance
- Notes to the financial statements as at the last book close date
- Tax Return as at the last book close date
Submit Files to TMS
For step by step instructions on how to submit your files please see the Transitions Management System article.
Timelines & More
It will take between 1 to 2 weeks for your funds to be loaded by Class. Please be aware that any missing details or reports may result in a delay in transitioning your funds. Once a fund has been loaded, we will advise you that this has occurred along with any assumptions we may have made during this process.
The Class Transitions team can perform additional services for you, including entering historical transactions, portfolio reconstructions, entering depreciation schedules, and data feed identification. For more information please see Additional Transitions Services
You can issue Class with temporary access to Xplan and Class will generate the above reports from Xplan.
Please liaise with your IT to confirm how to issue Class access. Once access details have been obtained, please make a note of the access details in TMS when submitting your first batch on TMS.