How do I record Market value movement for Exchange Traded Options (ETO)?
Navigating to Fund Level > Transactions > Browse Bank Statements
- Select Options account from the drop-down list
- Add a Cash In transaction if there is an Increase in Market Value
- Add a Cash out transaction if there is a Decrease in Market Value
Navigating to Fund Level > Transactions > Fund Income > Realised Accounting Gain/Loss
- Select the Options account in the Custom Holding Account field
- Enter 30 June xxxx as the Effective Date
- Enter a positive amount to the Gain/Loss Amount if there is a gain
- Enter a negative amount to the Gain/Loss Amount if there is a loss
- Click on Submit
Navigate to Fund level > Transactions > Match Transactions
- Match off the Cash In or Cash Out transaction to the Realised Accounting Gain/Loss event.
- On the Realised Accounting Gain/Loss event, make sure Capital Gain and Capital Loss fields are blank. So this event will not affect the Capital Gain calculation.
- We do not recommend adding the security issue price to an ETO as there are situations when an ETO has a negative market value. Class does not support a negative market value.