Many SMSF owns a business real property, in which the tenant is often a related party to the SMSF. As a result of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and government restrictions imposed causing the widespread and substantial revenue reduction for many Australian businesses, many tenants are seeking rental relief from the landlords. The following documents are now available for download in the Class Help Center to assist with this cause:
- Request Letter – From the tenant to the fund seeking the relief
- Trustee Resolution - Approving the rental relief
- Confirmation Letter – From the trustee of the Fund to the tenant agreeing with the relief
You can download the template COVID-19 Rental Relief Template "by downloading this template you agree and understand the Disclaimer below".
- Any information expressed in the documents does not purport to be any financial, tax or legal advice as we have not taken into account any of your or your client’s financial or tax objectives that are specific to you or your client’s circumstances.
- While effort has been taken to make sure the information is as accurate and relevant as possible, it is at best construed as general information only. These documents may not be suitable for all lease situations.
- You should not rely on the information provided as advice, instead seek your own independent advice from appropriately qualified practitioners or conduct your own research.
- As some of the merge fields are currently not available on Class, only refer to the above template as a reference and manually update the highlighted merge fields where necessary.
More FAQs are available in COVID-19: Super Related COVID-19 Measures - FAQs.