How do I sell an Investment set up as a Custom Holding Account?
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Browse Bank Statements
- Choose the Custom Holding Account from dropdown menu
- Process a cash-out amount equivalent to the cost base of the investment
- Use Realised Accounting Gain/Loss to record the difference between the cash-out and the Sales proceeds of the investment
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Match transactions
- Match steps 2 and 3 above, and the Sales proceeds of the investments
Navigate to Fund Level > Investments > Browse Holding Accounts
- Click on next to the investment
- Click on Holding Price/ Valuation
- Enter the valuation date and price after the sale of the investment - the valuation will be $0 if the whole asset is sold. It will be market value of remaining assets if only part of the asset is sold.