The Fund Setting screen consists of four tabs that group the sets of related data items:
The Client Access settings tab can be customised to show whether or not the period updates are automatically published on Client View.
The default setting for period update publishing to client view is set to Automatic Publishing.
To change this, simply select Manual Control from the drop-down menu. This option means that each time you run a period update, you would need to manually trigger the results of the latest period update to show on Client View.
- Merge Market Gains - Select Yes to have unrealised and realised gains and losses in the Operating statement merged under the heading of Market Gains, Select No to have realised and unrealised gains and losses reported separately
- Asset Valuation Method (Trusts) - Determines how the assets are valued after a period update has been run.
- Start Date - Displays the start date
- End Date - Displays the end date if applicable
- GST Status - Displays the fund's GST Status
- GST Tax Period - Displays only if applicable
- Status - Displays as Active
- Edit/Delete - Allows you to edit or delete the current policy
New Fund Policy button - Allows you to enter a new policy (Recommended to do each financial year)
- Start Date - Should be set for an entire financial year period e.g 01/07/20XX
- GST Status - Default is Non-Registered but can also select Registered or Cancelled.
- Claim 100% GST Credit for RITC - Default is to Yes
- GST Tax Period - Mandatory if GST Status = Registered, Select from Annually, Monthly, Quarterly
- Use Tax Effect Accounting - Default is No, Select Yes to access Loss/Gain provision buttons below
- Capital Loss Provision % - Default is 10% (If the fund has an unused capital loss, the system will create a tax asset of a % of the unused capital loss)
- Income Loss Provision % - Default is 15%
- Unrealised Gain Provision % - The system default is 15%, which is the rate before applying discounting for capital gains held for more than 12 months
More to come yet.
Investment Register Settings
- Parcel Match Method - Default to "Minimise Taxable Gain"; But can select "First in, First Out"; "Last in, First Out"; or "Minimise Taxable Gain"
- Property Market Valuation (Depreciation Worksheet) - Default to "Do Not Adjust Valaution by Accumulated Depreciation"; But can select "Adjust valuation by Accumulated Depreciation"