This article will take you through the Opening Balances Tab of the Excel Fund Loader. Here you can enter the opening balance amounts for most of the accruals, liabilities, cash accounts, and equity accounts for the Trust.
- Fund Opening Position Details - Enter the last date that the trust was closed, e.g. 30 June 2017 (Also enter any carried forward losses in this section)
- Asset Accrual Account Balances - Enter any Assets as a positive number
- Liability Accrual Account Balances - Enter any Liabilities as a positive number
- Bank Account Code is automatically populated from the Bank Accounts sheet
- Equity Accounts - Enter any Equity amounts as positive figures. Note that the Capital Loss Reserve amount must be entered as a negative figure here.
- Beneficiary Accounts - Enter Beneficiary account balance
If the Trust is a Unitised Trust, the below additional fields will also show in the Beneficiary Accounts section:
- Contributed Unit Capital - enter the unit capital as a positive number
- Contributed Unit Quantity - enter the unit number as a positive number
Note that if one field has a value, then make sure you have entered a value into the other field. Otherwise, the loader will fail to load successfully.
Enter the Market Values