Note: The digital signature feature is only available to users who are participating in the Beta Testing. The digital signature feature beta testing is closed to new users.
Class has chosen DocuSign as its digital signature solution partner to provide a seamless and efficient way to get financial statements and compliance documents signed electronically.
This feature is currently in closed beta with a few pilot clients. Please stay tuned for further updates.
Please ensure the required signatories, e.g. trustees, members, or tax agents, have a valid email address recorded in their profiles in Class, otherwise the signatory name, email, and signing tags will not be pre-filled.
Send Documents for Signature
At the fund level, navigate to Reports > Run Report
- Search and select the report
- Set the parameters as per usual
- Click on Send for signature
- Follow the prompts to be redirected to DocuSign
Alternatively, a report pack can be sent for digital signature. At the fund level, navigate to Reports > Run Report Package
- Search and select the report pack
- Set the parameters as per usual
- Click on Send for signature
- Follow the prompts to be redirected to the DocuSign
Tip: Once started, a digital signature request can be completed later. To continue the process click on the Refresh button on the History tab for a selected report. Then click Continue with Draft next to the relevant record. The history of the generated report pack is visible for up to 30 days. Drafts not completed within 30 days will be deleted automatically.
Once redirected to the DocuSign landing page, the request can be reviewed and other customisation performed, before sending out the 'envelope'. In DocuSign, an envelope is a container for documents that are sent to a recipient for signing. An envelope can have one document or multiple documents.
Add documents to the envelope
- Upload additional documents
- Change the display order of the documents if there are multiple of them by drag and place the documents as needed
- Download the Class document and fuse it with other external documents as a combined PDF and upload the combined PDF back to DocuSign without losing the pre-filled tags.
Add Recipients to the envelope
- Set appropriate action for the recipient with the following:
- Needs to Sign - recipient must complete the required fields assigned to them, e.g. signature and date
- Receives a Copy - recipient receives a copy, with no further action required
- Needs to View - recipient must open and view the document.
- Signs with Notary - for recipients whose signature requires notarization, you can provide the name and email address of the notary.
- Add access code for recipients by clicking Customize and select Add access code.
- Add private message for the recipients
- Set signing order. You can control the order in which people sign the document by ticking the 'Set signing order' checkbox and adjust the routing order as needed.
- You can add other recipients to create a workflow to meet your business need.
Configure Email Messages
- Set email subject
- Enter an email message that you would like the recipients to see
- As individual business branding is not yet configurable for email messages, we recommend you reference your name or business name in the message (e.g. ".......Many thanks, The team at XYZ Accounting")
Configure automatic reminder, Expiration settings
This can be done via the Advanced Options. You should review and set this for each envelope you are sending.
- Set automatic reminder
- Set document expiration dates
- Set if the mobile-friendly viewing with responsive signing option is allowed for the recipients
Click on Next to review and configure the tags/fields.
Review and Configure signing fields
You can add, modify or delete signing fields as required.
- Add additional signing fields by dragging the relevant fields on the left panel and place them on the document
- Delete the signing fields by dragging and dropping to the left panel or right-click the mouse and select delete
- You can also format the fields by selecting the fields and change the settings from the right panel
If there are multiple recipients, you can change the recipient from the dropdown on the top left corner then place the required fields for the selected recipient.
Once you finish adding documents, recipients, messages and signing fields, you are ready to preview your work and send the envelope. Use the options in the top navigation bar to preview, save, discard or send the envelope.
To navigate other actions:
- Save a draft without sending, click ACTIONS and select SAVE AND CLOSE
- Cancel the envelope preparation and return to the Class signature tracking screen, click ACTIONS and select DISCARD
- Preview your recipients' experience, click RECIPIENT PREVIEW
- Send your envelope, click SEND
Once you send the envelope, your recipients receive an email notification, asking them to click the document link to review and sign.
Track and Manage Envelopes
After the envelope is created, you can track the status and manage the envelopes at the Business or Fund level Signature Tracking screen in the Class application.
- Business > Digital Signature Tracking - You can see all the envelopes created across all funds
- Fund > Digital Signature Tracking - You can see all the envelopes created for the selected fund
You can use the quick access filter on top of the Signature Tracking screen to make the searching more effective.
You can also drill down to each envelope by clicking the Report Name and view the status for each recipient of the envelope.
Envelope and Recipient Statuses
Refer to the status and its definition below:
|Envelope Status||Definition||Available actions under this status|
|Draft||For an envelope that you created and then saved without sending. Draft envelopes are stored for 30 days from the date they were created. After 30 days, drafts are automatically deleted and removed from the Signature Tracking screens. You can track the expiry date for envelopes that are in the draft state.||Continue with Draft|
|Pending||The envelope has at least one recipient who has yet to complete their action.||
|Rejected||One of the signatories declined to sign the document.|
|Signed||All the recipients have completed their required actions. The download option becomes available for the signed envelopes.||Download the signed documents|
|Cancelled||The envelope is cancelled by the Class user before it was completed. Recipients can no longer view or sign the document. Expired requests will also be cancelled automatically.|
|Authentication Failed||At least one signatory has failed the authentication check. You can resend the request to the recipients, which gives the signatories another chance to access and pass the authentication.||
|Pending||The recipient has not completed their required action.|
|Viewed||The recipient has viewed the document.|
|Rejected||The recipient has declined to sign the document.|
|Signed||The recipient has signed the document.|
The recipient's email system has sent back an auto-response (bounced-back). You may want to cancel the request and obtain and update the correct email address in Class for that recipient and regenerate the signature request.
The recipient has failed the authentication check by having too many failed attempts of the access code. You can resend the request to the recipients, which gives the signatories another chance to access and pass the authentication.