Note: The digital signature feature is only available to users who are participating in the Beta Testing. The digital signature feature beta testing is closed to new users.
Class has chosen DocuSign as its digital signature solution partner to provide a seamless and efficient way to get financial statements and compliance documents signed electronically.
This feature is currently in closed beta with a few pilot clients. Please stay tuned for further updates.
Please ensure the required signatories, e.g. trustees, members, or tax agents, have a valid email address recorded in their profiles in Class, otherwise the signatory name, email, and signing tags will not be pre-filled.
Send Documents for Signature
At the fund level, navigate to Reports > Run Report
- Search and select the report
- Set the parameters as per usual
- Click on Send for signature
- Follow the prompts to be redirected to DocuSign
Alternatively, a report pack can be sent for digital signature. At the fund level, navigate to Reports > Run Report Package
- Search and select the report pack
- Set the parameters as per usual
- Click on Send for signature
- Follow the prompts to be redirected to the DocuSign
Tip: Once started, a digital signature request can be completed later. To continue the process click on the Refresh button on the History tab for a selected report. Then click Continue with Draft next to the relevant record. The history of the generated report pack is visible for up to 30 days. Drafts not completed within 30 days will be deleted automatically.
Once redirected to the DocuSign landing page, the request can be reviewed and other customisation performed, before sending out the 'envelope'. In DocuSign, an envelope is a container for documents that are sent to a recipient for signing. An envelope can have one document or multiple documents.
Add documents to the envelope
- Upload additional documents
- Change the display order of the documents if there are multiple of them by drag and place the documents as needed
- Download the Class document and fuse it with other external documents as a combined PDF and upload the combined PDF back to DocuSign without losing the pre-filled tags.
Add Recipients to the envelope
- Set appropriate action for the recipient with the following:
- Needs to Sign - recipient must complete the required fields assigned to them, e.g. signature and date
- Receives a Copy - recipient receives a copy, with no further action required
- Signs with Notary - This option is not enabled.
- Add access code for recipients by clicking Customise and select Add access code.
- Add private message for the recipients
- Set signing order. You can control the order in which people sign the document by ticking the 'Set signing order' checkbox and adjust the routing order as needed.
- You can add other recipients to create a workflow to meet your business need.
Configure Email Messages
- Set email subject
- Enter an email message that you would like the recipients to see
- As individual business branding is not yet configurable for email messages, we recommend you reference your name or business name in the message (e.g. ".......Many thanks, The team at XYZ Accounting Firm")
Configure automatic reminder, Expiration settings
This can be done via the Advanced Options. You should review and set this for each envelope you are sending.
- Set automatic reminder
- Set document expiration dates
- Set if the mobile-friendly viewing with responsive signing option is allowed for the recipients
Click on Next to review and configure the tags/fields.
Review and Configure signing fields
You can add, modify or delete signing fields as required.
- Add additional signing fields by dragging the relevant fields on the left panel and place them on the document
- Delete the signing fields by dragging and dropping to the left panel or right-click the mouse and select delete
- You can also format the fields by selecting the fields and change the settings from the right panel
If there are multiple recipients, you can change the recipient from the dropdown on the top left corner then place the required fields for the selected recipient.
Once you finish adding documents, recipients, messages and signing fields, you are ready to preview your work and send the envelope. Use the options in the top navigation bar to preview, save, discard or send the envelope.
To navigate other actions:
- Save a draft without sending, click ACTIONS and select SAVE AND CLOSE
- Cancel the envelope preparation and return to the Class signature tracking screen, click ACTIONS and select DISCARD
- Preview your recipients' experience, click RECIPIENT PREVIEW
- Send your envelope, click SEND
Once you send the envelope, your recipients receive an email notification, asking them to click the document link to review and sign.
Track and Manage Envelopes
After the envelope is created, you can track the status and manage the envelopes at the Business or Fund level Signature Tracking screen in the Class application.
- Business > Digital Signature Tracking - You can see all the envelopes created across all funds
- Fund > Digital Signature Tracking - You can see all the envelopes created for the selected fund
You can use the quick access filter on top of the Signature Tracking screen to make the searching more effective.
You can also drill down to each envelope by clicking the Report Name and view the status for each recipient of the envelope.
Envelope and Recipient Statuses
Refer to the status and its definition below:
|Envelope Status||Definition||Available actions under this status|
|Draft||For an envelope that you created and then saved without sending. Draft envelopes are stored for 30 days from the date they were created. After 30 days, drafts are automatically deleted and removed from the Signature Tracking screens. You can track the expiry date for envelopes that are in the draft state.||
|Pending||The envelope has at least one recipient who has yet to complete their action.||
|Rejected||One of the signatories declined to sign the document.|
|Signed||All the recipients have completed their required actions. The download option becomes available for the signed envelopes.||
Download the signed documents in the following two format
|Cancelled||The envelope is cancelled by the Class user before it was completed. Recipients can no longer view or sign the document. Expired requests will also be cancelled automatically.|
|Authentication Failed||At least one signatory has failed the authentication check. You can resend the request to the recipients, which gives the signatories another chance to access and pass the authentication.||
|Pending||The recipient has not completed their required action.|
|Viewed||The recipient has viewed the document.|
|Rejected||The recipient has declined to sign the document. This will void the entire request.|
|Signed||The recipient has signed the document.|
The recipient's email system has sent back an auto-response (bounced-back). You may want to cancel the request and obtain and update the correct email address in Class for that recipient and regenerate the signature request.
The recipient has failed the authentication check by having too many failed attempts of the access code. You can resend the request to the recipients, which gives the signatories another chance to access and pass the authentication.
The creator of the envelope and any additional business contact can opt to get notified on selected statuses of the envelopes at Business level by navigating to Settings > Notification
Set the preference to turn on or off the notifications, using the Enable Digital Signature notifications switch under the Digital Signature tab.
Add Business Contact to Notification Subscription
Digital signature notification will be added for the creator of the envelope and any additional recipients that are added using the “+ Add recipient” button by providing the name of the contact listed under the business, selecting the required status subscription, and clicking the "Add Contact" button.
Opt for one or all status notifications by checking the box under each status and remove any additional recipient:
Envelope statuses available to subscribe are as below and with their description and email sample. Clicking the "Click Here" button in the email notification shall lead one to the Signature Tracking screen in Class.
Note: Contents of email notifications are not configurable.
|Notification Type||Definition||Notification email|
|Completed||All the signatories have signed the document|
|Cancelled||The creator of envelope has cancelled the envelope from being signed, thus cancelling the envelope for recipients as well|
|Rejected||The signatory has declined to sign the document|
|Failed||The signatory email address provided was incorrect or one or more signatory did not pass the authentication|
Businesses can now apply their own branding (colour scheme and logos) to the Electronic signature client interfacing communications like document signing and email notifications. By default, all businesses are assigned the branding provided by DocuSign.
You can set up a colour scheme for both Email and Signing template components like Header Background, Header Text, Button Background and Button Text and choose the logo to be displayed on the signing screen and on emails.
At the Business level Navigate to Settings > White Labels and select the appropriate White Label record that needs to be updated and click on the Digital Signature tab.
The screen has two major parts; the section on the left is the Settings area where one could select the colour and logo for the signing and email, while the section on the right is the Preview area which provides the view of the settings being applied.
In the Preview area, use the switch to toggle between Signing and Email preview. The preview window actively replicates the changes made in the Settings area, to easily visualise the change.
To change the colour for available components and logo of DocuSign signing page and email notification to apply their own branding
Use the colour chart to choose the colour for each component, changes shall apply to both the Signing pages and Email notifications. Either enter an RGB value or use the colour from the band of colours and adjust between different shades of colour until the desired colour is achieved:
Choose an image file as per the below specifications to be used as logo for the signing page and email notification:
Choose the image file for Signing and click the "Upload signing logo" button to submit the logo.
Choose the image file for email templates and click the "Upload email logo" button to submit the logo.
Ensure to save all the changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen.