A Custom Holding Account (One-line Wrap) that has zero market value shows a negative cost base in the Browse Holding account screen or in the Investment Summary Report.
A Custom Holding Account (One-line Wrap) was created and every year Capital Return was processed via the Annual Tax Statement. While the Custom Holding Account has nil balance, at the Browse Holding screen, in the Investment Summary Report the total of Capital Return appears to be a negative cost base.
- Process a Cash-In transaction in Custom Holding Account equal to the cost base
- Match it with the appropriate credit event e.g. Non-Assessable income or Assessable Income
- Disregard the balance in the Custom Holding Account
- Navigate to Investments > Browse Holdings > on the right hand side of the Custom Holding Account options, click Suspend
- Run period update
- Review Browse Holding Account and Investment Summary Report
It is advisable to net off the Capital Return value from the Distribution when processing One-line Wrap and not to process Capital Return value in the Tax Statement. Add Cash in transaction equal to Capital Return and match with appropriate credit event.