In this section, we will teach you how to set up an investment account for an Australian listed security; this includes all ASX listed shares and any managed fund investments with an APIR code.
Navigate to fund level > Investments > Investment Account
You should search for the listed security code (e.g. ASX/APIR code) available at a Class community level. Using this code will automatically update prices, corporate actions and income announcements daily.
An APIR Code is a unique identifier issued to products within the Financial Services Industry. Products such as Managed Funds have a Product APIR Code. An example is the Magellan Global Fund - APIR Code MGE0001AU
- Security issue - type the market code or investment name (e.g. ASX, foreign market code or APIR)
- Select the Code that matches. Pay attention to the market code (market column), which will be different.
- Click Activate finish to set up the security.
You can also create the investment while processing a Listed Security Acquisition, even if it does not yet exist in the fund's list of accounts. To see how please see the Listed Security Acquisition article.
At the bottom of the maintain investment account screen, you will find the reporting categories for the investment account. Once a Listed Investment Account is created, Class automatically defaults these to set categories.
- Tick the box Enable Editing Of Reporting Categories to edit this section
- Change GL Classification using the drop-down list
- Change Tax Return Classification using the drop-down list this changes where you allocate the asset to on the Tax Return
- Change Captial Gains Classification using the drop-down list to change asset allocation group
- Change the Market Type using the drop-down list to change asset Market Type
- Select if you would like the asset to appear in Performance Reports
Learn how to process a Listed Security Acquisition.