In this article you will learn how to enter a Listed Security Acquisition.
Refer to the article Creating a new listed security asset using the acquisition event section if the holding account being acquired has not been created.
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Investment - Buy > Listed Security Acquisition
- Select the relevant listed security account
- Enter the date from which all contractual rights and obligations commences
- Enter the date at which the transfer of purchased investment is completed
- Enter the number of units purchased
- Enter the amount paid to purchase the asset
Creating a new listed security asset using the acquisition event
Navigate to fund level > Transactions > Investment - Buy > Listed Security Acquisition
- Select Investment Account of the relevant listed security
- Click Create Investment Account
- The following screen will appear with a list of all matching securities found on the community level
- Select Investment Account the correct listed security account
- Click Save
The Security Issue Code, Investment Account code and Investment Account name are automatically copied down from the community level. You can then finalise the acquisition event.
Learn how to edit, review or delete any business event you processed through Browse Events.