From 2014-15 financial year, Class is looking to provide tax statement templates for the most widely held stapled securities, listed trusts and managed funds. Class users will be able to use these templates in conjunction with the Excel Transaction Loader to process tax statements in bulk at the Brand level.
From 2017-18 financial year, Class can now automate the tax statement templates within the application. This will save a significant amount of processing time and reduce the chance of human errors.
Class relies on the cooperation of the data providers and Class users to provide tax statement templates.
Class prioritizes the tax statement templates based on information availability and how widely these securities are held within our client base.
The Tax Statement Template Release Schedule provides a list of widely held stapled securities, listed trusts or managed funds for which Class aims to provide the tax components ratio.
The tax statements should meet the following requirements:
- The investment must be held through the whole financial year with no change in quantity during the financial year.
- At least two separate tax statements from two different funds for a given security (they are used for cross checking purposes).
- Anonymise any sensitive information on the tax statement, however the fund code must be provided for us to verify there is no change in quantity for the underlying tax statement.
Class only automates the tax statement ratios within the application from 2017-18 FY onward for widely held listed securities & managed funds.
Tax Statement Template Request Details
Class users can lodge a request for a tax statement template. For each request, please provide the following details:
- Subject Handing: <Financial Year> <Security Code> Tax Statement Template Request: e.g. 2019-20 SCG Tax Statement Template Request
- Two actual tax statement for a given investment uploaded through fund documents
- Fund codes or Fund URL in which these two tax statements relate to
- Business Name and Business Code
- The approximate number of the impacted funds (click here to find how many funds hold a particular investment)
Requesting The Template
To lodge the request, please send URL of the funds where you have uploaded the tax statements (Preferred) or an email attaching a scan of the tax statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Class endeavors to make the tax statement template ratio available within 2 weeks of receiving the sample tax statements.