This article provides instructions for loading Asgard AdviserNET BGL Tax Information files manually into Class.
This file was designed to load all the transactions from the Asgard Wrap into the BGL Simple Fund system. Users of Class can use this file to load the end of year tax statement adjustments. The Distribution - Tax Statement events this load will create will be loaded in an Incomplete state as the data will be missing some information which can only be obtained from the Asgard Wrap Tax Statement. Users will need to open up the Incomplete events, enter the missing information and then submit the transaction to a Processed state in Class.
Ensure the Fund is Active
Navigate to Fund Level > Feeds > Feeds Console
- Holding Reference is active
- Display Name is entered
- Product has been selected, if not automatically assigned
- Account Number has been entered correctly
- Manually Imported is selected
- Relevant Holding Accounts are all ticked
The data file contains the short version of the Asgard Wrap Code. To load to Class, you can have either the short or long version of the Asgard Wrap Code.
Asgard feeds have been enhanced to allow mapping to multiple cash accounts, including margin loans, within the wrap.
Where can I download the file from?
The BGL Simple Fund download is made available via adviserNET under Accounts > Account Data Download > BGL Download
- Use the Query Tool or Select Client screen to define the client(s) for whom you wish to download data.
- Access the Account Data Download screen from Accounts > Account Data Download > BGL Download
- If you have used the Select Client screen, select BGL Download from the Select Screen drop down box and click Start Working
- Select Current Client to download information for the current client only OR Select All Clients in the Current Working Group to include all clients in your current list. Click on the Current Working Group hyperlink to view clients in your current list
- Using the radio buttons, select All Transactions as the transactions to download. Tick the retrieve transaction details for box and enter the relevant financial year. Note: tax data will be made available in the BGL download after final year-end tax routines (September/October) have been completed.
- Use the radio buttons to select the download option - Download Now
- Click Download to generate your download file in XML format
- Save the file to an accessible drive, ready to load to Class
Load the Data
This file can either be loaded at a Business or Brand level using the Load Data File page.