This article will guide you through processing Manual Tax Statements.
It is recommended to use the Tax Statement Console screen for processing listed security tax statements. As Class supports automated tax statements.
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Fund Income > Distribution - Tax Statement
- Select the Investment Account using the drop-down menu
- Confirm and select the Financial Year using the drop-down menu
- Enter Effective Date using the following date format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g 30/06/2019)
- The Participating Quantity will automatically populate based on the quantity held per the effective date entered
- Enter Description or use the Class default 'Distribution - Tax Statement'
- Enter amounts per the annual tax statement received from source provider into the respective fields
- Click Submit
If the Investment Account selected has been completely sold off during the financial year, ensure you have entered an effective date a date before sale date.
Refer to Lodgments & year-end processing.