This article will guide you through processing Manual Tax Statements. This should only be used when the investment type is 'Unlisted'.
It is recommended to try and use the Tax Statement Console screen for processing tax statements where these are supported for either automatic tax statements or OCR.
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Fund Income > Distribution - Tax Statement
- Select the Investment Account using the drop-down menu
- Confirm and select the Financial Year using the drop-down menu
- The Effective Date will automatically prefill as 30/06/20XX or the date that the investment was sold down if this occurred during the Financial Year
- The Participating Quantity will populate based on the quantity held per the effective date, once you click the Calc button
- The Description will default to 'Distribution - Tax Statement', you can override this field if you wish
- Enter the amounts per the annual tax statement received from the provider into the respective fields
- Click Submit
If you override the effective date to a date after the investment has been full disposal date, a warning will display: “The investment (investment name) is fully disposed on xx/xx/xxxx (disposal date), there is zero quantity on xx/xx/xxxx (the date that you entered)."
If you delete the business event associated with the full disposal of an investment, the default effective date for the tax statement will not be changed if the tax statement is already processed.
Refer to Lodgments & year-end processing.