This article will take you through the Opening Balances Tab of the Excel Fund Loader. This tab is where you enter the opening balance amounts for most of the accruals, liabilities, cash accounts and equity accounts for the entity.
This tab is applicable for all Entities and has different fields depending on which entity is selected on fund tab
- Fund Opening Position Details - Enter the last date that the fund was closed, e.g. 30 June 2017 (Also enter any carried forward losses in this section)
- Asset Accrual Account Balances - Enter any Assets as a positive number
- Liability Accrual Account Balances - Enter any Liabilities as a positive number
- Bank Account Code is automatically populated from the Bank Accounts sheet
- Reserve Name is automatically populated from the Members sheet
- Member Code or Beneficiary Number is automatically populated from the data entered on the Members or Beneficiaries sheet. Enter accumulation balance components in this section; depending on the load date, use the relevant ETP/Tax Components for the Members' balances)
- Pension Account Number & Name are automatically populated from the Pension Accounts sheet. Enter pension balance components in this section; depending on the load date, use the relevant ETP/Tax Components for the Pension balances.
Enter in your holding balances.