How can I export fund returns from Class and import them into MYOB AE Tax?
The fund must be validated in Class before it can be exported.
Step 1: Download the file from Class
Navigate to Fund Level > Periodic Processing
- Click on the relevant financial year
- Click "View Tax Return"
- Click "Download MYOB format tax return"
- The following message box will appear
- Click "Save" to save the file. By default, the file name will be in the format of FUND_CODE-TAX_YEAR.els eg Butters-2010.ELS
If the file name has changed to Butters - 2010 (1).els, the import will not work. The extra space must be removed.
Step 2: Import the file to MYOB AE Tax
- Open MYOB AE Tax
- Open the relevant year
- Click on the Utilities tab
- Select MYOB Superfund imports - Fund Return
- Select the file you want to import
- Click "OK"
- When successful, the following message will appear
Hints and Tips
- Print or save a copy of the completed SMSF Annual Return produced in Class Super for future reference
- The export/import routine into MYOBAE Tax works but with limitations - currently it imports most of the fields (>90%) but not everything
- It is important to cross-check the following critical fields:
- Gross Income
- Exempt Current Pension Income
- Total Deductions
- Taxable Income
- Tax Offset/Credits
- Tax Payable
- Amount due or Refundable
- Opening Account Balance for each member
- Closing Account Balance for each member
- Correct any numbers in MYOB AE Tax that are different to the printed/soft copy of the Annual Return in Class
- Re-validate the return in MYOB AE Tax
- If the folder path is too long the file will not load. To avoid this issue, save the file to your desktop or downloads.