This article will teach you the following:
Creating Transaction Rules
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Match Transactions
There are different ways that Transactions rules can be created. In bulk via the Cash Console, in the Maintain Transaction Rules screen or in the Match Transaction screen. Below are the steps to create Transaction Rules in the Match Transaction screen.
- Click on the Menu Icon against the transaction you wish to create a rule for
- Select Create Rule For
- The Transaction Rule screen will then open
- Confirm the existing Description or modify it
- Select the Direction, using the drop-down
- Enter Amount, if you wish for the rule to only pick-up transactions with a specific amount
- Select Bank Account, if you wish for the rule to only pick up transactions from a specific bank account
- Select Classify As, using the drop-down to select the account you want the transitions to be coded to
- 'Runs as part of 'Bulk Processing' if ticked, the Transaction Rule will run and match overnight every night, unless you want to check the matches you should leave this ticked.
- Select Save
Transaction rules in Class are not case sensitive. If you create a rule in capital letters and the description is in lower case it will still match and vis versa.
Maintain Transaction Rules
Maintain Transaction Rules shows you all transaction rules created for an entity. You can create, review, edit or remove transactions from this screen.
- Create a new transaction rule using the +Add New - (It is quicker to create Transaction Rules in the Match to New screen)
- Edit or delete a Transaction Rule - You can change the filters (direction, amount) description, bulk processing or the classification of an existing rule.
A Wildcard * is a character that is used in the middle of a description to replace part of the text that will change. For example "Rent Jan Forest Rd" should be written as 'Rent * Forest Rd'
A Wildcard is not required at the start or end of a description, it is already there by default. e.g. 'Jan Interest' should be written as just 'interest'.
Learn how to process Ad-hoc Transactions.