Step 1: Clear the Custom Holding Account
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Browse Bank Statement
- Select the Custom Holding account
- Click on +Add
- Add a Cash Out transaction for the amount of the balance to clear the account to zero
- Click on Save Transaction
Step 2: Process the acquisition of the investment account
To take up the original CGT Date, use an Excel Transaction Loader.
In the Excel Transaction Loader:
- On the Overview tab, enter the brand code in the "Brand" field
- On the Portfolio tab, enter the compulsory information in the pink cells
"Event Type" would be "Unlisted Security Acquisition"
Complete the number of units, cost (amount) and also the original CGT date in "CGT Date" field for each purchase parcel
- Ensure the transaction is valid, and then go to Overview and click Submit to upload the portfolio transactions
Step 3: Match Transactions
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Match Transactions
Match off the Cash Out transaction and the Acquisition Event.
The Custom Holding account should carry this investment at book cost as the closing balance, so the above two transactions should match off.