This page shows you how to generate a TBAR file for lodgment with the ATO. Currently, the ATO doesn't have facilities to accept lodgments directly through Class.
Generating a TBAR file for lodgment
Navigate to Business Level > Periodic Processing > TBAR Console
- Select a Tax Agent from the drop-down menu
- Check the relevant records by ticking the checkbox on the left-hand side
- Click Generate TBAR
- Click Generate TBAR from the pop-up screen
Downloading the TBAR File
Once you have generated the TBAR file you must download it for lodging on the Tax Agent Portal.
- Click Files tab
- Click the Menu icon
- Select Download ATO File
This will download a .txt file to your download folder that you can upload and lodge on the Tax Agent Portal. We recommend that you create a specific folder (e.g. TBAR Lodged Files) either in your network drive or your computer to save all your TBAR files.
Lodging the TBAR File
Once you have downloaded the TBAR file you can now lodge it through the Tax Agent Portal.
We recommend that you follow this process when lodging TBAR files; Always test the file for any ATO validation errors before actual lodgment with the ATO; Enter an email address to receive notifications from the ATO for validation reports and receipt number.
- Go to Tax Agent Portal (tap.ato.gov.au), enter your email and click Login.
- follow the below steps from the screen
- Select Reports and forms > File transfer
- Select Lodge
- Attach the TBAR file, tick the Declaration before selecting Submit the file for lodgment
- Copy the ATO receipt number and mark the file as lodged with the date and ATO receipt number in Class
7. Select File Transfer