The fund has a number of assets and member accounts, both pension and accumulation.
Client wishes to segregate 1 asset (or one group of assets) only, and assign its benefits to a particular member's pension account. This asset is to be considered segregated (100% ECPI rate), and the client wishes to apply actuarial certificate for the rest.
Currently, Class does not support partial segregation for tax purposes. Under Fund policy, the user needs to choose either:
- Assets Segregated for Pensions - Yes (only income from segregated assets will be exempted).
- Assets Segregated for Pensions - No and enter Actuarial % (actuarial % will apply to all income in the fund, including those segregated assets)
- Set the fund up as if it were segregated, run tax finalisation, and note down the profit & loss being allocated to the asset pool.
- Obtain actuarial % for the remaining assets
- Re-calculate the revised actuarial % for the fund, by combining the rate of pool (1) & pool (2). Run tax finalisation.
- Do manual allocation, based on information in (1) and (3).