Tax Statement transactions are not coming through the data feed for some investments although the user guide is stating that tax statement data is supported.
The reason for this is the data, that the provider has provided, has the difference between "Net amount" and the total of each tax statement component. The difference could mainly be due to AMIT information.
Thus, Class will not create the tax statement transactions unless the balance is reconciled with cash/reinvestment distribution information.
Please refer to Manual Tax Statements.
However, please follow the steps in detail in order to avoid any feeds issue as below:
- Go to Feeds > Feeds Console > click on the data feed > set the data feed to "Manually Imported"
- Change the product to "Directly Held"
- Go to Transactions > Browse Events > Group by "Type" > select "Distribution" transaction which you would like to generate the tax statement via tax statement console > click "Delete"
- Go to Transactions > Match Transactions > click on "Generate Income" > select "Distribution transactions where deleted in Step 3 > click "Create Income Events"
- Go to Periodic Processing > Tax Statement Console to review the tax statement and to generate the tax statement.
- Once the tax statements are generated, go to Feeds > Feeds Console > click on the data feed > change the product back to its original data feed product and set the data feed to "Automated Feed" (the original setting)
- Add "Do Not Load - Before" date to the last date of income transactions generated or the date before you processed these steps (confirming all other trade transactions been received)
For more information, please kindly refer to below extract from FAQs - Tax Statement Console
Please note to add "Do Not Load Before" date via feeds > feeds console > click on feed configuration of the data feed to avoid any duplication of transactions in the future.