How can I separate One Line Wrap Assets into individual holdings, when fund is not a first year fund in Class.
To resolve this issue for funds that have been active in Class for multiple periods you can:
Option 1: Use the Class Super Transitions Team
Using the Class Super Transitions Team
If you want the Transitions team to perform this for you, you need to provide:
- a copy of the Portfolio valuation
- a copy of the Unrealised Capital Gains Tax Report as at the date you would like for this to take place.
If you want the portfolio to receive an automated feed from 1 July 2011, you will need to provide these reports as at this date.
There will be a fee based on Time and Materials. The quicker we can load the funds the less we will charge, so it would be preferable from both sides, where possible, to provide this information in an excel format.
Use Excel Transaction Loader
Step 1: Download the Excel Transaction Loader
Navigate to Business Level > Transactions > Excel Transaction Loader
- Select the Brand from the drop down list
- Hit the Click Here button to download the transaction loader
Step 2: Enter the details of Purchase Parcels
- Open the transaction loader
- Go to the portfolio tab
- Enter in the details of the acquisition
- Enter the effective date - ensure the effective date is the date you want the assets segregated as at (usually 1 July 20XX)
- Enter the original purchase date of the asset (per the Unrealised CGT Report) in the CGT date field
The screenshot below shows a correctly completed loader.
The transaction loader will automatically create holding accounts for all listed securities that have not yet been created in the funds holding account. It will not, however, create any unlisted accounts. You will need to create these manually.
Step 3: Enter The Custom Holding Adjustments
You may choose to leave the Custom holding account originally setup as the Wrap account continue as the cash account under the wrap account.
- Adjust the amount that is in the custom account down by the same amount of the cost base of the assets. The cost base of the custom holding account should equal the cost base of the assets of the Wrap. If there are any discrepancies you can adjust this later.
- Go to the “Custom” tab in the excel transaction loader, and fill in all required fields. It should look similar to the screen shot below:
Remember the amount leaving the Custom Holding Account should be the same as the total of the cost bases in the portfolio tab.
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions > Browse Bank Statement
- Select this Custom Holding Account
- Enter a cash out transaction equal to the balance of the cost base of investments been separated out
Step 4: Match the Transactions
Once the files are loaded successfully, the transactions will appear in the match transactions screen in Class.
Navigate to Fund Level > Transactions >Match Transactions
- Match off the acquisition transactions against the cash out amount from the Custom Holding Account.
The fund should now be ready to accept the Wrap transactions from feeds.
When the fund is initially loaded onto Class the segregated balances can be entered into the opening position. Refer to knowledge base article How to separate One Line Wrap Assets into individual holdings for First-Year Funds for detailed instructions.
For an AMP PPS wrap account, refer to How to separate AMP PPS - Personalised Portfolio Service into individual holdings