This article guides you through the steps to request an actuarial certificate from Act2.
There are three key parts to activating the connection:
Setting up an Account
It is not necessary to set up an account with Act2, prior to ordering your first Actuarial certificate.
Upon placing the first order with Act2 simply select Create New Account Requesting an Actuarial Certificate outlined below.
Setting up Default Provider
To set up Act2 as your default Actuarial provider in Class, complete these steps:
Navigate to Business Level > Settings > Fund Defaults
- Under Integrated Services: Actuarial Certificate Provider select Act2.
Requesting an Actuarial Certificate
After completing the steps outlined in 'Requesting an Actuarial Certificate' you will complete the following steps to receive your actuarial certificate:
- Ensure that the Business Level Contact Details in Class are complete and up to date prior to commencing the order process for an Actuarial Certificate with Act2.
- Once you have requested the certificate you will be prompted to launch the Act2 Order form in Class.
- The Act2 Order form will open in a new window in your browser. If this is the first time you are requesting an Actuarial Certificate with Act2 you will need to register for a new account. If you already have an account, enter your details and click Login.
- Review all data transferred from Class to Act2.
Note that if any changes are required, these would have to be made in Class to ensure data consistency. If all data is correct click Request Certificate at the bottom of the page.
- This will open up a window displaying the Estimated Tax Exempt Percentage for your fund. If you wish to make any changes to the fund, you can Exit without requesting certificate here. If you wish to complete the order click Request Certificate.
- Finalise your order by confirming the payment details and click Request Certificate to confirm.
- The request is now complete. The Certificate and Invoice are being generated and will be provided to you via email.
When the actuarial certificate has been completed, you will have to manually update the Actuarial percentage in the Fund Policy.
Navigate to Business Level > Settings > Fund Defaults > Fund Policies
- Add a New Fund Policy.
- Please roll back and reprocess your 30 June Period Update for the percentage to take effect.
Class will display an error message when trying to request an Actuarial Certificate from Act2 if the Contact Details at the Business level are not completed. Ensure these are completed prior to placing an order.