This article guides you through the steps to request an actuarial certificate from Verus Actuaries.
There are three key parts to activating the connection:
- Setting up an Account with Verus Actuaries
- Setting up the Default Provider in Class
- Requesting an Actuarial Certificate through Class
Setting up an Account with Verus Actuaries
It is not essential to set up an account with Verus, prior to ordering your first Actuarial certificate, however, it will help to make the process easier for your next actuarial certificate order.
Upon ordering your first certificate simply add a comment requesting to set up a user account at the bottom of the Verus Actuaries Online Request form when you submit your certificate request. Please refer to the screenshots below (Requesting an Actuarial Certificate through Class) for further information.
Setting up the Default Provider in Class
To set up Verus Actuaries as your default Actuarial provider in Class, complete these steps:
- In Class at the Business Level navigate to
Settings > Fund Defaults
- Under Integrated Services: Actuarial Certificate Provider select Verus Actuaries
Requesting an Actuarial Certificate through Class
After completing the steps outlined in 'Requesting an Actuarial Certificate you will need to complete the following steps to receive your actuarial certificate:
- Once you have requested the certificate you will be prompted to launch the Verus Actuaries Online Request Form.
- The Verus Actuaries Certificate Request form will open in a new window in your browser.
- If this is the first time you are requesting an Actuarial Certificate from Verus you will need to Proceed To Request Without Logging In. If you already have an account, enter your details and click Log In & Proceed To Request.
- In Part A: Contact Details, complete and confirm your Contact Details, note, these will be prefilled from your Verus user profile if you are logged in.
- In Part B: Fund Information, complete and confirm the fund information loaded from Class.
- In Part C: Financial data, complete and confirm the financial data loaded from Class:
- Account Balances
- Fund Transactions
- Pension Commencements and Cessations
- Deemed Segregation
- Other Net Income and Closing Balance
- Financial Data Summary (Optional)
- In Part D: Comments and Request Submission, add a comment if you wish to sign up for a new customer account. You can also use this box to let Verus know about any unusual features of the Fund, or any special requests you would like them to note when preparing the certificate. Then click Submit.
- You will be redirected to a screen confirming the successful request of your Actuarial Certificate with Verus. You have the option to:
- Request another certificate
- Pay for this certificate online via Paypal
- Pay for this certificate via EFT or Cheque
- Return to Home Screen
- Once the certificate has been completed it will be sent to you via email together with the invoice.
When the actuarial certificate has been completed, it will automatically upload the percentage into the Fund Policy. To view navigate to
Fund Defaults > Fund Policies.
Please roll back and reprocess your 30 June period update for the percentage to take effect.
A PDF copy of the actuarial certificate will also be automatically added into Class under Fund Documents.