This article guides you through the steps to request an actuarial certificate from Heffron.
There are three key parts to activating the connection:
Setting up an Account
It is not necessary to set up an account with Heffron, prior to ordering your first Actuarial certificate. For further information on Heffron's offering please go to https://www.heffron.com.au/our-services#
Setting up Default Provider
To set up Heffron as your default Actuarial provider in Class, complete these steps:
Navigate to Business Level > Settings > Fund Defaults
- Under Integrated Services: Actuarial Certificate Provider select Heffron
Requesting an Actuarial Certificate
After completing the steps outlined in "Requesting an Actuarial Certificate" you will complete the following steps to receive your actuarial certificate:
- Once you have requested the certificate you will be prompted to launch the Heffron Actuarial Wizard in Class.
- The Heffron Actuarial Wizard will open in a new window in your browser.
- If this is the first time you are requesting an Actuarial Certificate with Heffron you will need to set up a new account. If you already have an account, enter your details and click Continue.
- On the overview screen ensure the correct fund as been loaded and click Continue.
- On the validation screen
- Select your desired decimal places for the actuarial percentage
- Confirm pension payments have met legal requirements
- Click Continue
- On the Details screen review all the details and click Validate Certificate.
- On the Payment Screen
- Enter your payment details
- Select Order Certificate
Once the order has been placed:
- If the certificate does not require review you will be taken to a screen displaying your actuarial percentage from which you can download your certificate. You will also receive your certificate via email.
- If the certificate requires review you will be taken to a screen displaying your draft actuarial percentage and a message stating 'Your order is currently being reviewed by Heffron. You will receive an email with your actuarial certificate at the completion of the review.'
When the actuarial certificate has been completed, it will automatically upload the percentage into the Fund Policy.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund Defaults > Fund Policies.
You will need to roll back and reprocess your 30 June period update for the percentage to take effect.