The Excel Transaction Loader allows users to load transactions in bulk across multiple funds using the familiar interface of Excel. You are able to load Cash, Income, Expense, Portfolio and Corporate Action transactions.
Downloading the Excel Transaction Loader
Navigate to Business Level > Transactions > Excel Transaction Loader
- Select the Applicable Brand
- "Click Here" to download the loader.
It is Best Practice to download an up to date loader from Class when you need to use it, as Class will regularly make changes to the loader.
Hints, Tips and Common Errors
- The brand field on the overview page is asking for the Brand Code, not the Brand Name.
- Do not delete/insert/move any cells, rows or columns around, this may corrupt the loader as there is conditional formatting behind most of the cells
- Do not copy and paste over the top of the cells, as this can break the formatting
- If you would like to copy and paste, you must either paste “values” or as “text”
- Make sure you download a new copy of the excel loader from time to time, as we will make and deploy changes and updates to the Excel loader.
- Make sure you have selected the correct market type (i.e. if you have selected listed security as the market type, it must have an ASX code as the security issue code)
- You cannot have more than 2 decimal places for any dollar amount field
- Ensure that you enable macros in the loader
- You must have access to Class in order to load the transactions
- When submitting data to Class, you may need to enter in an Upload Code to allow the Loader to send Data to Class on your behalf. Refer to the article on How to generate an Upload Code to use in the Excel Loaders.
- Please ensure that the bank account code is unique in the fund (i.e. it should not be CBA or WBC etc).
- The asset must exist in Class if you are loading to the holding account, and you must also enter in a brand code on the overview page
How to review loaded files
Once the file is loaded to Class, you can review whether the transactions have been loaded successfully by reviewing the browse loaded files screen. For more information on this please see the user guide article, Browse Loaded Files.
Get an understanding of the Overview Tab of the transaction loader.