This article will guide you through how you can use the income tab of the excel transaction loader. This tab will allow you to load income transactions for certain investment accounts.
- Validation - Indicates if all required fields have been filled out correctly for the transaction in that row.
- Fund code - Enter the code for the fund you would like to load the transactions to.
- Transaction ID - Optional field, Class will automatically create a transaction ID for you if left blank.
- Holding Reference Type - Select how you would like to map the transactions. Options are; Account number if the account is linked to a broker/wrap number; HIN/SRN if you have entered this against the holding and would like to use this; Holding account if you would like to map to the account code of the asset in Class.
- Holding Reference Code - Enter the Broker/Wrap/HIN/SRN number that the asset is linked to
- Event Type - Select which type of income event it is
- Code - Enter the Security Code of the investment, e.g. CBA, PLA0001AU, etc.
- Effective Date - Enter the date the income should be recognised.
- Payment Date - Enter the payment date. This may be the same as the income date.
- Net Amount - Enter the net amount of the income after any withholding taxes
Narration - Enter a description for the transaction
- Distribution/Dividend components must be entered for all events, and must sum together (except for Franking Credit, Foreign Tax Credit and Grossed Up Discounted Capital Gains) to equal the Net Amount field in step 10
Generating Income for Unlisted Securities
The Income tab of the excel transaction loader can be used to generate and upload income for unlisted securities in bulk, and across multiple funds. This is especially useful where you have widely held unlisted assets.
- Click on the Generate Distributions or dividends button
- Enter in the unlisted security code
- Select your event type (either dividend cash or distribution cash)
- Enter in the ex-date for the income
- Enter in the amount per unit
- Enter in a franking percentage where applicable
- Enter in a payment date
- Click OK
Enter in your Term Deposit Tab