I lodged a tax return and it is not showing as lodged on the ATO portal.
1. Less than 14 days since lodgment processed in Class
It takes the ATO up to 14 days to process a lodgment once a return is lodged in Class and an ATO timestamp is added to the return history. During this time, your return may be showing a green status as Lodgment Succeeded but not display as lodged in the ATO portal.
The ATO has asked us to inform users to wait 14 days after lodgment as this gives them ample time to process submitted returns, check for pending submissions, and find any possible missing lodgments.
Once the ATO processes the return, your lodgment will be back-dated to the original submission date.
2. Return remains unlodged on the ATO Portal after 14 days
Navigate to the Fund level > Periodic Processing > Browse Tax Lodgments
- view the Lodgment's Transmission ID
- Call IAL (a branch of the ATO) on 13 72 86 fast key code 312 and ask about the lodgment. The ATO will request the lodgment's Transmission ID.
- If the ATO can't find the return and won't escalate your query, ask for an ATO reference number for the phone call
- Raise a support request which includes the below information:
-the ATO reference number for the phone call
-Tax Return information