This article will guide you through how to use the portfolio tab to load in any buys and sells of investment assets. This tab is one of the most widely used tabs as it allows users to load in trading history in bulk and across multiple funds.
You should always try to activate a data feed for your Cash/Broker/Wrap Accounts. The Loader should only be used to backfill transactions, or if you are unable to activate a data feed. For more information on data feeds please see the article Data Feeds - Overview
- This column will indicate if all required fields have been filled out correctly for the transaction in that row.
- Fund code for the fund you would like to load the transactions to. Must be filled in if you are using the holding account to map the transactions to a fund in Class.
- Optional field, Class will automatically create a transaction ID for you if left blank.
- Select how you would like to map the transactions to the fund (so that Class knows where to load the transactions). Pick Account Number if the asset is linked to a broker/wrap number and you would like to map to this; HIN/SRN if you have entered this against the holding and would like to use this or holding account if you would like to map to the account code of the asset in Class.
- Broker/Wrap/HIN/SRN number that the asset is linked to. Only required if you select Account number or HIN/SRN in step 4.
- Select which type of portfolio event it is.
- Enter the holding code of the asset in Class.
- Enter in the effective date of the transaction. This is the date the transaction took place.
- Enter in the settlement date if it is different to the effective date.
- Enter in a CGT date only if it is different to the settlement date.
- Enter in the units of the trade.
- Enter in the net amount of the trade.
- Narration for the transaction.
- Brokerage for the trade.
- GST applicable to the brokerage on the trade entered in step 14.
- Exchange of the asset if it is a listed foreign security.
- Currency of the listed security if it is a listed foreign security.
- When buying or selling managed funds, the event type must be unlisted security acquisition/disposal.
- If you are mapping to holding account, the holding account must already exist in Class.
- If you are mapping to holding account, you must enter in a brand code in the overview tab.
- Any dollar amount fields can not have more than 2 decimal places.
- The broker/account number must be exactly the same in Class.
Using Portfolio Tab for Unlisted Security Processing
The Portfolio tab of the excel transaction loader can be used to generate and upload capital calls or returns for unlisted securities in bulk, and across multiple funds. This is especially useful where you have widely held unlisted assets.
- Click on Generate Capital Calls or Returns
- Enter in the security code of the unlisted security
- Select the event type
- Enter in the record date
- Enter in the amount per share
- Enter in the effective date
- Click OK
Enter in your corporate actions.