Key steps to set up myGovID and RAM for your practice
Step 2: Set up your myGovID
Step 4: Accept the authorisation
Clean up your AUSkey and ABR data
The move to myGovID and RAM will be much easier if your ABR and AUSkey data is up-to-date. You should check to ensure:
- your AUSkey and ABR information is correct;
- names match identity documents exactly; and
- remove AUSkey access which no longer used.
Set up your myGovID
Download the myGovID app to your smart device from the App Store or Google Play.
Refer to the Australian Government website to help you and your practice download and set up individual digital identities.
Link your ABN to your myGovID in RAM
This step should be completed by one of the following people in your business:
Accept the authorisation
An authorisation email will be sent to you. Accept the authorisation based on the steps in the email.
There is an expiry date for the six-digit code contained in the email. Make sure you act before the expiry date.
Can I set up one myGovID for my whole practice?
No. Your myGovID belongs to you and shouldn't be shared with others. Anyone who will be acting on behalf of your practice needs their own myGovID, and you will need to authorise them using RAM.
Once you have authorised someone in RAM, they will use their myGovID to log in to RAM and accept the authorisation to act on behalf of your practice online.
Why have my authorisations changed after using the import AUSkey user function?
If you choose to use the import AUSkey user function in RAM:
- Administrator AUSkey users will default to an authorisation administrator and will have Full access
- Standard AUSkey users will have Custom access applied.
- Full access allows the authorised user to access all restricted clients, all RANs and all business level permissions for the practice in Online services for agents.
- To change this, log in to RAM to edit the authorisation for Custom access. You will be redirected to the Access Manager to update these.
- ATO Fact sheet: Using myGovID and RAM for tax professionals
- ATO Fact sheet: Set up your new access to the Business Portal
- How to link your business in RAM
- How to create new authorisations using RAM
- How to import AUSkey users in RAM
- How to accept an authorisation in RAM
- How to manage authorisations in RAM
- How to create new machine credentials in RAM
- Business experiences with myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)
- ATO's Tax professionals conversations webcasts,Tax professionals conversations – ATO digital services beyond the portals