In this video, we will show you how to generate and use an upload code to successfully upload an Excel Fund Loader and/or an Excel Transaction Loader:
I want to use the Excel Data Loaders to load data into Class, but Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft Excel. How can I use the Excel Loader to upload my data to Class?
From April 2022, Excel no longer supports Internet Explorer, which is used to authenticate into the Class Application. This means that any user of the Excel Loaders will not be able to upload data by launching IE through an Excel Loader and logging into Class.
The Excel Loaders have been updated to allow entering of an Upload Code into the Loader, to allow uploads to Class. This Code is unique to you and with a short life span that is generated from your Class account, and requires you to be logged in. These do not need to be stored, as they will expire after a short time.
As these Codes allow data to be created by the Excel Loaders on your behalf, you should not share these Upload Codes with anyone else.
After completing entry of your data into the latest downloaded version of the Excel Loader, follow the steps below. These steps will need to be done once per Excel Loader file.
Step 1: Submit your data into Class
- Click the Submit button on the Excel Loader. A dialog box will appear with instructions on how to enter the Upload Code.
- Click the Step 1: Click to get your Upload Code button in the box. This will open your web browser to retrieve the Upload Code required.
- Click Get Upload Code on the web-page. You may be required to log into Class.
- The page will update with an Upload Code which you can copy to Excel, as well as a timer for how long the Code will remain valid for.
- Click Copy Upload Code to copy the Upload Code, and close the window.
- Back in Excel, paste (Ctrl+V) the copied Upload Code into the text box in the dialog.
- Click Step 3: Click to continue to upload your data to Class.
I tried to load data and received a “Your data could not be submitted” error.
The Upload Code that you provided may have expired since you first received it.
You will need to repeat steps 1 through 6 for submitting your data to Class, re-entering a new Upload Code into the dialog box.
I tried to click the button on the dialog box to get my Upload Code, but received a Run-Time error in Excel.
This may be because you are using an older version of the Excel Loader.
Please go to your Business on Class and download the latest version of the Excel Loader, then try again.