The Excel Fund Loader is the best way to load all entities on to Class that have an opening position i.e. they are not brand new entities.
For SMSF's with no opening balances, it is recommended to use the New Fund Wizard function in Class.
For other entities that do not have opening balances, you should use the Excel Fund Loader but only complete up to the investments tab.
Downloading the Excel Loader
You must have Business Level access in order to load the entity and must always have the most current version of the loader.
Navigate to Business Level > Business > Excel Fund Loader
The Download Fund Reference Data Spreadsheet screen will open as below.
- Select the relevant brand from the drop-down.
- "Click Here" to download the loader.
Hints, Tips and Common Errors
The Excel loaders show errors with data entry in the form of message alerts, red text or validation messages. These are usually displayed in the tab you are working on and also on the overview tab.
- Do not delete/insert/move any cells, rows or columns around, this may corrupt the loader as there is conditional formatting behind most of the cells
- Do not copy and paste over the top of the cells, as this can break the formatting
- If you would like to copy and paste, you must either paste “values” or as “text”
- Make sure you download a new copy of the excel loader from time to time, as we will make and deploy changes and updates to the Excel loader.
- In the fund tab, ensure that you have entered the brand code, not the brand name. You can also enter this formula in this field : =defaultbrand()
- Make sure you have selected the correct market type (i.e. if you have selected listed security as the market type, it must have an ASX code as the security issue code)
- You cannot have more than 2 decimal places for any dollar amount field
- Ensure that you enable macros in the loader
- You must have access to Class in order to load the fund
- Please ensure that the bank account code is unique in the fund (i.e. it should not be CBA or WBC etc).
- If you are loading an SMSF , the overview asset/liabilities must balance to the members balance
- You mus ensure you fix any error notifications appearing on the overview tab before you can load the entity to Class.
Review the Overview Tab of the Excel Fund Loader.