There may be situations where you need to view the Fund Expenses Pension Exemption Calculation. Once you have run one or more Period Updates and prior to the Finalise Tax process, you can review the Fund Expenses Pension Exemption Calculation provided the following conditions are met:
- Pension Exemption (Actuarial) % has been obtained and entered at the fund level menu - go to Settings > Fund defaults > Fund Policies for unsegregated funds.
- For segregated funds, the Assets Segregated for Pensions option is selected at the fund level menu - go to Settings > Fund defaults > Fund Policies; and a portfolio of investments have been specifically segregated for a Pension Pool or particular Pension Accounts.
- Apportionment Method for Fund Expenses - must select the method Calculate Using ATO Formula
Navigate to Fund Level > Periodic Processing > Period Update
- Click on the Financial Year
- Click on View/Rollback (under Period Updates)
- Click on the Fund Expenses Pension Exemption Calculation hyperlink (The hyperlink will not be present if you have manually specified an Exemption Pension % (Fund Expenses) or used the Actuarial Percentage method)
- Displays how the Pension Exemption % (Fund Expenses) is calculated, in this example it is 10.1921%
- If you click on [+] or Expand All, it will display further details on how each item is calculated
- Press Ctrl+P to print this report
The mechanics of how each item in this report is calculated will be explained under How the Pension Exemption % (Fund Expenses) is Calculated (TODO KB article)