In this article we will teach you how to reset Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):
- Resetting your own MFA
- Who can reset MFA for another user
- Resetting MFA for a Member and a Beneficiary
- Resetting MFA for an Investors and a Trustee
- Resetting MFA for Class Application Roles
If you change your mobile device and no longer have access to the configured authenticator app, or you would like to change the preference of MFA method, you will need to reset MFA.
In this video, we will cover all the options available for resetting your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):
Resetting your own MFA
- After entering your Class login details and clicking Login, the authentication or verification code screen will open where you can enter your authenticator or verification code. Instead of entering the code click on Reset MFA as shown below:
A screen will open where you will be prompted to answer two of the security questions you set up previously. Enter in the correct answers and click Submit Query.
- Alternatively, click on the icon shown below > Reset Multi-Factor Authentication:
After clicking on this menu, a screen will open and you will be prompted to answer two of the security questions you set up previously. Enter in the correct answers and click Submit Query.
Who can reset MFA for another user
If you forgot the answers for the security questions, you still can contact another Class users to reset MFA.
For Client View and mobile app users with the role of members, beneficiaries, trustees and investors, please contact your accountant or administrator.
For the other roles in Class application, please contact your access controller.
Resetting MFA for a Member and a Beneficiary
Navigate to the Fund/ Trust level > Members/ Beneficiaries > Browse Members/ Beneficiaries > select the member/ beneficiary
- Click on Contact Details tab
- If you have sent the invitation to the member/ beneficiary, you will see the Reset MFA button and click on Reset MFA.
Resetting MFA for an Investors and a Trustee
Navigate to the Fund level > Fund > Fund Structure > select the investor/ trustee
- Click on Roles tab
- Select on the icon for the role
- Select Reset MFA
Note: if the investor/ trustee has not accepted the invitation, you will not see the Reset MFA button.
Resetting MFA for Class Application Roles
Anyone with the role of Access Controller can reset the MFA of any user within that business via the Maintain Users screen.
Access Controller navigates to Business level > Business > Maintain Users
- In the Multi-Factor Authentication column, select Reset MFA for the particular user:
- Click OK to confirm MFA reset
- Click Cancel to discard.
Learn how to Manage Multifactor Authentication