This article will provide you guidance on how to set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) which provides an additional level of security for your account.
When you log into Class you will be prompted for:
- Your Class username and password, along with
- A code generated by an authenticator app
MFA is compulsory for Class users that are set up as Access Controllers, Administrators, Tax Agents, Feeds Admins, Advisers or Auditors.
Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication
When you first log into Class, you will be prompted to set-up your MFA. The steps are:
- Download and install an authenticator app onto your phone (e.g Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.)
- Add a new account in your authenticator app and scan the QR code (You may also need to install a bar code scanner so you can scan the QR code)
- Enter the code displayed in the authenticator app into the box and click Verify Code and Turn On.
- The Security Questions screen will open (as shown below), you will be asked to set up three security questions. Select your preferred question from the drop-down and enter the relevant answer.
- Once you have entered all of the answers click Save.
The next time you log into Class you will be asked to provide a verification code from the authenticator app.
Logging into Class with Multi-Factor Authentication
Once multi-factor authentication has been enabled for your account, you will be asked to enter the code from the authenticator app after entering your username and password on login.
- Enter your username and password in the login page as usual
- Open your authenticator app on your mobile device and enter the code displayed to complete the login process.
- Tick the 'Remember this device for 24 hours" if you are on a trusted device and would like your MFA saved for the next 24 hours.
If you don't enter an authentication code within two minutes you will be directed back to the main login screen to start again.
Verifying Enabled Status
You can verify which users associated with your business have enabled multi-factor authentication.
- If you are an Access Controller, from the Business menu, navigate to the Maintain Users screen
- On the Maintain User screen, you will see a column displaying the Multi-Factor Authentication state: Enabled or blank (not enabled)
This table can be exported and filtered according to the enablement status:
Resetting Multi-Factor Authentication
There are a number of options available if you need your MFA reset, please see the following article for details on each option.
Refer to MFA for Auditor's for guidance on MFA configuration for Auditor roles.