In this article, we will teach you about our Fund information Menu Categories, and how you can edit details such as fund details, structure and opening balances.
- Fund Details
- Fund Contacts
- Fund Structure
- Fund Notes
- Fund Documents
- Fund Messages
- Load Opening Balances
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Details
- The fund details tab stores all the details of the fund which can easily be edited by clicking on the Edit button. Mandatory fields are Fund Start Date, Fund Code (which must be unique), Name, Legal Type and Is Resident.
- The Contact Details tab shows the funds Contact details such and address, phone number and email address. The information can be edited by clicking on the edit button.
Although ABN is non-mandatory, it is recommended as a necessary step for tax lodgment.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Dashboard
The Fund Details widget gives a snapshot of the fund details and shows if any fund details are missing in Class. If you notice that you have missing or incorrect information in this widget you can enter/change it by clicking on Details >.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Contacts OR Fund > Fund Details > Relationships
The relationships tab is subdivided into Related Organisations and Related People & shows entities such as Trustees, Members, Auditors and Accountants related to the Fund.
To add a new Related Organisation or Person :
- Start typing in the Add Related Person/Organisation Type to search box. This will display the different Business, Brand and Fund Level Parties that can be selected to have a relationship with the Fund. Scroll over and click the required Contact.
- Select the Role you want this contact to have. Click on the role and your contact is created.
- To over-ride a business or brand relationship, create a fund level relationship for the role.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Structure
The Fund Structure screen has been designed so users can easily maintain and if necessary change the structure of their funds. Changing the fund structure is an easy one-click process.
On this page, you can
- Add, edit and delete a Trust Deed
- Add new trustees, directors, and other fund-level contacts
- Assign the role of 'chairperson' to the director or trustee
- Change trustees
- To add, edit or delete a trust deed to Class you need to click on the Add New trust Deed button. The Maintain Trust Deed screen will open. From here you can enter or make changes to the information. Click Save to save your information.
- To add a new 'Individual trustee' or 'Director', you need to click on the Add Contacts button. This will open up the Maintain Person screen where you can enter the person's details. Once that is done, click on Save. You can then add the Role and relationship to this person. Once you have completed these click Save.
- To add a Chairperson to a director or trustee, click on the Assign Chair link in the Chair column.
- To change trustees, click on the Make structure Individual/Corporate.
To Change a single member fund with a corporate trustee and a single director, to an individual trustee with two Individual trustees, you will first need to add the new director by clicking on Add Contacts and then click on Make Structure Individual.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Notes
Fund Notes allow you to add fully customisable notes to each fund. These can be accessed from the menu structure and viewed from the Fund Dashboard.
Notes can be customised using the embedded HTML editing tool where you can change the font, colour, and size of your text.
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Documents
Fund documents, Class' Document Management Solution (DMS), is where you can store, organise and manage your documents in Class. Class' DMS allows you to tag documents to investments, members, member accounts and other predefined categories.
This makes searching and filtering for your documents quick and easy.
To add documents to Class :
- Click on the Add Document button and then click Select files to add documents. You will need to complete certain fields before clicking Save.
- To add a tag, click Manage Tags
- Select Add Tag and then enter Name and then click Save
- On the bottom right there is an ellipses Menu options button to allow you to Edit or Delete
- You can also View, Edit, Download & Delete Documents once uploaded. To do this, either click on the document name or the menu icon on the right-hand side of the document, as shown:
You can only upload a total of 20 documents at a time and each document file size must be no larger than 20 MB.
Class' Fund Documents allows you to drag and drop documents from a folder on your local drive to Class. Open up File Explorer and locate the documents you wish to upload, then drag and drop them on to Fund Documents as shown below
Navigate to Fund Level > Fund > Fund Messages
Fund messages allow you to send and receive messages to your members and trustees via Class. Clients can then respond using Client View.
For this feature to work, ensure that the business has turned on enable messaging and the member has been invited and they have accepted their invitation to Client View.
To create a new message click New Message. A popup message box appears which you will need to complete.
Click Send and now your client will be able to view the message under Client View.
Load Opening Balances
We have created a separate page for the Load Opening Balances due to the content required for the explanation.