In this article, we will teach you how to use the Securities Register at a Business level as well as modify certain data relating to Community Level Securities.
|Securities Included||Securities Not Included|
|Listed Australian Securities||Bank Accounts|
|Listed Foreign Securities||Term Deposits|
|Custom Holding Accounts|
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities
By default, when you access this screen, it will not have a list of securities showing.
- Enter Security in Search (We have used CBA as an example)
- Tick Include Foreign Market box if Foreign Securities are Required.
- Select the Security to open Maintain Securities screen.
- The Maintain Securities screen will consist of below tabs.
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Maintain Securities > Security Issue
This tab is where you can view the basic information for the Security.
- Select Code (This is the Community or Business level code for the Security for example CBA)
- The Description of the Security will pre-fill (for example Commonwealth Bank of Australia)
- The Market (The exchange the Security is listed on (if applicable) For example, ASX)
- The Currency (the relevant currency for the investment will pre-fill)
- The Market Type will pre-fill (when creating your choose from the drop-down menu)
- The Security Issue Type (The type of the security issue)
- The Scope (Level at which the security details are maintained, for example, Community)
Security Issue Prices
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Maintain Securities > Security Issue > Security Issue Prices
This tab shows a listing of all recorded prices of the investments by date.
You can add prices to securities at a business level, this means that once you have added the price, this value will be available to all funds under the business.
- Select the Price Date To / From (E.g. 20 January 2020)
- The Scope will pre-fill
- The Security Issue Name will pre-fill
- The Effective Date will pre-fill
- The Price Type will pre-fill
- The Buy Price Currency of the Security will pre-fill (Can be amended at business scope)
- The Buy Price of the Security will pre-fill (Can be changed at business scope)
- The Price Currency will pre-fill (Can be amended at business scope)
- The Price will pre-fill (Can be modified at business scope)
- Select whether it is Terminating or Continuing Price.
- Click Cancel to exit the screen or Submit to save any changes.
Continuing - the allocation entered will be ongoing until such time that it is overridden by another business level allocation.
Security Issue Asset Allocations
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Select the security > Click the Security Issue Asset Allocations tab
This tab provides a listing of all recorded asset allocations by date. They can be viewed at business and brand scope.
You can also add, override, edit and delete allocations by clicking on the relevant entry.
- Select the particular allocation
- The Scope will pre-fill
- The Security Issue name will pre-fill
- The Effective Date will pre-fill (Can be edited)
- The Terminating/Continuing (default for all community level pricing is Continuing)
- The Asset Class details displayed (Can be amended for business level if required)
- Select Cancel to Exit or Submit to save any changes made
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Maintain Securities > Income
This screen will display a list of all historical income for the Security. A date filter can be applied if desired.
- The Security Issue will display
- Enter any Payable Date To / From Filters if applicable
- Review any income details (E.g. Ex-Date, Payable Date, Cents per unit, Franked % and so on)
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Maintain Securities > Announcements
This screen will display a list of all historical income announcement details for the Security. A date filter can be applied if desired.
- Security Issue will display (This is the Name/Issuer of the Security)
- if applicable
- Select Announcement Description
- Review Announcement Details
Navigate to Business Level > Investments > Browse Securities > Maintain Securities > Holdings
This screen allows you to quickly review if any entities on your business hold a specific investment.
- Fund Code of any entity which holds the investment will appear
- Code will pre-fill
- Description will pre-fill
- Quantity of units held will pre-fill
- Cost of the investment will pre-fill
- Market Price of the investment will pre-fill
- Market Value of the total investment will pre-fill