In this article, we will teach you how to use the Balance Reconciliation screen.
This screen compares the holding balance of investments in Class to your feed balance at any date you wish to search. It gives you the ability to quickly identify investments out of balance for a particular Feed Holding Reference.
Navigate to Fund Level > Investments > Balance Reconciliation
There are six different filters to chose from, not all need to be completed.
- As At Date - Select the date you wish to review the balances for. Default is today's date.
- Holding Account - This is the name of the holding. If the entity holds more than one holding of the same investments e.g. 2 x BHP the holding name will be unique for both securities.
- Security Account - This is the name of the Security which comes from the Class community. If the entity holds more than one holding of the same investments e.g. 2 x BHP the security name will be the same for both securities.
- Fund Holding Reference - This is the data feed that has been set up. Select the broker or wrap account if you want to see the reconciliation for all investments linked to that holding reference.
- Include Balanced Accounts - Selecting 'yes' shows all investments for the criteria (balanced and unbalanced). Selecting 'no' shows only the investments where the ledger and feed balance are different.
- Include Accounts with No Balanced Records - Selecting 'yes' will show investments that do not have a feeds balance. Selecting 'no' only shows investments with a ledger and feed balance.
Results will show below once the Search button is pressed.
You are also able to Export the information as an Excel if you would like
If you change the filters and want to update the results in the table remember to click search each time.
We will teach you about the different functionality available in the Browse Investments screen.