This article will guide you through how to use the Maintain Parcel edit points screen to change the historical cost bases of assets.
- This functionality does not apply to Cash and Collectible Accounts
- This functionality cannot be used if you have set up a Depreciation Worksheet for a Property Account
- This functionality should be used for adding parcels and adjustments on or before the opening position date or closed financial year. You should not use the parcel edit point to adjust the parcels belong to the current financial year
Navigate to Fund level > Investments > Browse Holding Accounts > Select the desired investment account
A fund with BHP shares was missing a parcel of 100 shares on 1/09/2010 costing $1,450.00.
- Click on the Maintain Parcel Edit Points button
- Click +Add
- Click Reset to original position button
- Click + Add
- Enter the Date, Quantity, Book Cost and Description details
- Click Save
- A pop-up screen will appear - select Yes
Any profit or loss implications associated with the parcel edit points will be posted into the current financial year along with any tax effect adjustments.